“This above all: to thine own self be true.
And it must follow, as the night the day.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”
– Polonius in Hamlet – Act 1, Scene III
I met a class-mate of mine from University recently and he asked me how I’d ended up doing what I do now (Advisor to CEOs, leaders and high performing people and their teams)
You may well be like me in that your own journey has taken you far from where you originally started.
I originally qualified as Bio-Chemical Engineer and it’s only by joining the dots backwards that I can explain how I’ve ended up doing what I now do.
But his question stuck with me over the coming days and I realised that I have probably unconsciously reflected on the above quote often, or a variation of it in a question format.
These can include:
- Is this true for me now?
- Am I being true to my self?
- What is true for me now?
As I often say to clients, ‘Are you the same person you were a year ago?’
The answer should be no. Life experience changes you. Yet all too often we are still holding onto goals, beliefs and perhaps limitations that were set by a previous version of you.
So you can see the obvious problem…
This week could be the start of re-visiting your own truth or indeed that of your business or organisation.
Maybe it’s time to…
- Drop unprofitable lines, products and relationships
- Start that idea you know is the right thing
- Step into the fear and do the work you’re afraid of
- Allow yourself to think bigger
- Start creating a vision for your work, business and life that is more true to you
- Make real changes to your health and well-being
- Make THE change you know you need to
You may think you’re immune to any of the above, but in my experience most people are susceptible to following what’s not true.
And that is not the road to real success.
What is true for you now?
Development Opportunity: The Thrive Experience
A unique 2 day/2 night event in September with myself and other experienced business leaders – recharge, re-focus and gain more clarity and insight on what matters most to you professionally and personally. Event nearly full. Application deadline 10th August. Details here.
Online Academy: Achieve more clarity, excel in your personal and professional development with some of my online courses and talks. Learn at your own pace from anywhere. More details here.
- State Of Mind: Improve The Key To Better Results In Busines And Life
- Thrive: How To Do It In A World That’s Changing Faster Than Ever
- BluePrint Online : Improve your Purpose, Clarity and Focus
My Blog – The Eye Of The Storm: https://shanecradock.com/blog/
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/