Do, or do not.
There is no try.”
– Yoda, Jedi Master in the movie ‘The Empire Strikes Back’
As you probably know the latest movie in the Star Wars
franchise goes on release this Thursday.
It’s expected to be the biggest grossing movie of all time.
(It already has the biggest ever pre-sales for a movie).
I’m a big Star Wars fan (the original trilogy anyway) and
I remember going to see it the original movie in a cinema in
Galway when I was 7.
What has amazed me is the interest my kids are showing in the story
some 37 years later – especially my son, Sam, who is 6.
He’s now walking around the house quoting Yoda to his father…
Here’s a simple formula to get yourself into the ‘Do’ mode, like Yoda.
Look for an area in your life or work that you want to be better.
Ask yourself honestly if you’re really doing it.
Thinking you want something isn’t the same as actually doing it.
And it’s something I see all the time.
Examples would include:
- Wanting to lose weight, but not really doing the nutrition right
- Wanting to have a better mindset, but not really managing your thoughts
- Wanting to be more relaxed and happy but not really doing the mindfulness
- Wanting to have more productivity but not really doing the weekly planning & prioritisation
- Wanting a better business but not really doing what matters most, first
Maybe George Lucas, creator of Star Wars, had it right.
Maybe there really is a force.
But in real-life it only activates when you really ‘do’.
ps – Clarify what you want to ‘do’ in 2016 with one of my BluePrint workshops.
BluePrint General: My popular 1 day planning workshop runs on the 16th
January. Open to anyone. Book here.
BluePrint Business: For the first time I’m running a special 1 day planning
workshop just for business owners and self-employed. Book here.
Early bird discounts on both up to 22nd December.