“Adversity is another way to measure the greatness of
individuals. I never had a crisis that didn’t make me stronger.”
– Lou Holtz, former American football player, coach, and analyst.
Last week I spent some time in Chicago and was fortunate to get a little time to see the city on one of their many tourist tours.
On a phenomenal architectural river tour I learned about the great Chicago fire in 1871. It raged for 3 days, destroying 17,500 buildings, killed 300 people, left more than 100,000 people homeless and destroyed roughly 3.3 square miles.
For many families, it was devastating. But the city used the disaster to its advantage using the ashes and rubble to reclaim areas of swamp land and build new structures. Indeed many of the now famous architectural landmarks are built in that reclaimed swamp.
A reminder that great things can grow from any situation, no matter how challenging. I’m sure back then, no-could even imagine what Chicago has now become.
Every crisis is an opportunity if you can accept reality and then start again.
And indeed from the ruins of any difficult situation (business, health, relationships, financial) there are endless opportunities to start again and aim for better.
I note that Tiger Woods won his first tournament in 5 years yesterday, in what could be the start of the greatest come-back of all time – regardless, his win yesterday in itself is an incredible sporting and mental achievement.
Where can you look for that opportunity this week?
Maybe it’s in the area you least want to look at….?
The area of most pain…?
PS – 2 things coming up that may be of interest if you are in Dublin this October:
1. Evening Talk – An Evening Of Inspiration And Clarity:
Topics covered will include:
- How to create meaningful success
- How to re-invent and re-energise yourself
- How to create a turnaround in your business or life
- How to achieve real and lasting inner clarity
- Skills for effective leadership in the future (personal and professional)
- The most common problems people get caught out with and what to do about it
- The value and challenge of living and working in an authentic way
- The next level of fitness (And it’s not physical or mental)
- Why typical High Performance Programs are over-rated and causing a problem
This talk could be just the motivational tonic to kick off Quarter 4. All details and booking facility here.
2. The Clarity Program – 5 Week Evening Course:
Learn the skill of achieving and maintaining inner clarity. This skill impacts on your results, leadership ability, stress levels, focus, communication, confidence, mood, sleep and much more. All details here.
Access Powerful Content For Positive Change:
Book: Inspire Me – ‘Life Wisdom To Pass On’. Buy UK/IRL, North America
CEO Question Series: If you’re a CEO or in a leadership position, you should enjoy my free weekly CEO Question Series. On YouTube and Linked In.
Online Academy: Achieve more clarity, excel in your personal and professional development with some of my online courses and talks. Learn at your own pace from anywhere. More details here.
- State Of Mind: Improve The Key To Better Results In Busines And Life
- Thrive: How To Do It In A World That’s Changing Faster Than Ever
- BluePrint Online : Improve your Purpose, Clarity and Focus
My Blog – The Eye Of The Storm: https://shanecradock.com/blog/
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/