“The only way to make sense out of change is
to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.”
― Alan W. Watts
The rate of change in today’s world continues to accelerate, and we can see this with technology, economics and politics. Only this weekend in Ireland, there has been a major shift in the balance of political power.
A new term for this time, being used in business circles, is the VUCA age.
VUCA stands for Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous – It originated as a military term to describe specific environments.
And I see 3 skills as being critical in helping leaders and people navigate the VUCA age more effectively:
- Having a clear mind under pressure
- Creative & lateral thinking
- The ability to learn new skills quickly.
What the above have in common is that they all centre around having a better understanding of how our minds work.
And I believe we are in the middle of major shift in how we, as people and leaders, have to operate – what I’m calling a MindShift.
And these 3 skills are at the centre of my upcoming MindShift program.
Who’s it for?
Leaders looking to raise their game and have a better quality of life.
You could be:
- A business owner
- Ambitious executive/manager
- Self-employed professional
- Someone looking to create a real platform for accelerating your development
The program helps you create a stronger platform to enable further personal and professional success – for many, it’s a game changer in how they look at work and life with dramatic improvements in:
- Sense of control
- Energy levels
In relation to the quote above, changes naturally bring challenges.
But within those challenges are also opportunities.
So, for the week ahead:
- What challenge around you are you resisting?
- What is the potential opportunity within it?
- Where can you dance with the change instead of resisting it?
PS – My MindShift program closes its doors on the 17th February 2020. All details here.