Here’s your shot of weekly inspiration:
– Brian Tracey
I chose to spend my Sunday last week at Brian Tracey’s 1 day workshop in Dublin. I have to admit that as I was driving up the Stillorgan dual carriageway from Wicklow, I was thinking ‘Do I really want to go to this?’ But I ignored my mind and went and I am glad I did.
It was useful time out to get a fresh perspective on business and the future. The above quote was one of many nuggets that I took from the day.
Brian put forward that unless you have a clear goal of excellence for any area of your life or business, the default setting will be mediocrity. Excellence is a conscious choice that has to be persisted with.
It was also interesting to hear him say this:
‘The highest paid work in any country is ‘Thinking’. Those who do more of this, get paid more.”
Here’s a few ‘clanger’s from yesterday:
– Knowing what I Now Know, is there anything I am doing today that I wouldn’t get into today if I had to do it over? (business & personal) (& if there is, your job is to find the quickest way out of it)
– What should I do more of?
– What should I do less of?
– What should you stop doing?
– Is there any person in my team that I would not hire, promote or assign to a particular task, if I had to do it over again today?
Great questions can give great answers to act on.
Food for thought.
Have a great week,