“Do what you love, love what you do”
– Steve Jobs
I spent the week just gone at a program run by MiT in Massachusetts, USA. The focus was on leadership, innovation and helping change to really happen in an increasingly disruptive world.
It was a fantastic learning exeprience, spent in the company of 64 people from 19 countries around the globe. The people I met were very inspiring. They included:
- An editor of a top Puerto Rican newspaper intent on changing the way news is reported in his country i.e. to make it more meaningful and relevant.
- A woman who has spearheaded a new currency for her town in the US to increase self-sufficiency for her community, and by doing so has helped to grow the local economy.
- A doctor in a top North American university pioneering a new program to help men be better men, fathers and human beings.
- An Israeli entrepreneur who took it on himself to mobilise 10,000 of his countrymen for social change.
- An MD who’s total focus is on helping every member of her team be the absolute best they can be. (Above making money)
Here are some of the principles that were shared at this program, that you may get some value from:
- Become a black belt observer and listener.
- Connect to your intention and…operate as an instrument.
- Follow Your Heart: Do what you love, love what you do.
- Always be in dialogue with the universe.
- Balance your talking-doing ratio.
- If you want to change others, you need to meet them where they are and be open to be changed first.
- Never give up. Never give up. You are not alone.