“You poor thing.
Did someone stop payment on your reality check?”
– Greeting Card Line
I was at a Christmas fair over the weekend – the kind of one where you have various stalls side by side. Christmas music played over the speakers and lovely smells like mulled wine and cooked food wafted through the air.
One of the stands had a large sign that was to do with Good Health and there were an array of products to purchase on display.
I asked my wife, Judy, to look at the people in the stands either side of the health one and to then look at the people on the health stand.
She did and I didn’t have to say anything else – she saw what I saw.
Both of the people at the Health stand looked ill compared to everyone else. Plus one of them was stuffing her face with less than healthy food.
I admire people who have strong beliefs and are passionate about them. But we all have to look at the results.
Just because you believe what you’re doing is right doesn’t mean it is.
We can all believe our own propaganda but how open are we to really taking a dose of reality?
And I’ve been just as guilty as anyone else at thinking I was right, when clearly the results said I was wrong.
I guess it’s part of the human condition.
Hence, why it’s vital to get in touch with what’s really going on. In fact, not doing so could cost you your business, your relationships and in some cases your life.
Here’s a 4 Step Process To Better Results:
1. Identify the results that really matter to you in these areas:
– Work, Health, Relationships, State of Being, Enjoyment, Financial.
2. Identify the metrics you need to track to ensure progress in each.
3. Track them consistently
4. Ask for a reality check from someone who’s involved (How would they score you?) – and take the pain if necessary to make some changes.
Any time spent doing the above is time well spent. Or you could be like my friends at the ‘Health Stand’ and just believe that your way is right and everyone else is wrong.
As we approach the end of the year, it’s a powerful exercise to step back and at least at some questions.
Food for thought this week…
Access Powerful Content For Positive Change:
Online Academy: Achieve more clarity, excel in your personal and professional development with some of my online courses and talks. Learn at your own pace from anywhere. More details here.
- State Of Mind: Improve The Key To Better Results In Busines And Life
- Thrive: How To Do It In A World That’s Changing Faster Than Ever
- BluePrint Online : Improve your Purpose, Clarity and Focus
My Blog – The Eye Of The Storm: https://shanecradock.com/blog/
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/