Here’s your shot of weekly inspiration:
“There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.”
– Morpheus in “The Matrix”
The Matrix is one of my favourite movies. I love the story, the hidden messages and the effects (still!).
In it, the hero Neo is found by the leader Morpheus and shown what the matrix really is. The quote above, was said to Neo when Morpheus was helping him to release his hidden potential and powers.
In much the same way, I think the quote has a strong message for the average person. We might know what to do, but that doesn’t mean we’ll do it.
– I know exercise is important but I’ll start next week (& the week after and so on…)
– I know should plan my time, I know how to do it but I’ll do it next week…
– I know we should create a written marketing plan and execute it consistently but it’s too busy this week, month etc.
– I know the best diet for me but I don’t feel like doing it right now
– I know…. yeah yeah, I know all that Shane!
I don’t know about you but often I find that we can offer advice to others that we know we should be doing ourselves!
Is there one thing I know I could do, that would make a positive difference this week? Whatever it is, what can I do this week to actually do it? So that I don’t just know it, I’m walking it…
Have a great week,