“Success is not the key to happiness.
Happiness is the key to success.
If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”
– Albert Schweitzer
“I’m pretty clear on the formula that works for me, Shane.”
These words, shared by someone close to me, echo the truth that each of us crafts our unique approach to life and its many aspects. The problem in this case was that the results for the person were clearly saying their formula wasn’t working. But they didn’t want to know.
I can relate as I have been that person too. Stubborn to making change.
If your intention is to cultivate growth in every facet of your life, it becomes imperative to regularly review, reassess and recalibrate your personal formula.
Consider the key dimensions of your life almost like instruments in an orchestra. When they work in sync together, the whole creates something much more special than individual instruments.
- Health: How are you nourishing your body and mind? Is your routine supporting your vitality and well-being?
- Finances: What is your relationship with money? Are your financial habits aligning with your long-term goals? Are you living from an abundance or scarcity mindset?
- Time: How do you spend your days? Is your time invested in activities that contribute to your personal and professional development? To what really matters most in your life? Or are you busy being busy?
- Relationships: What is the health of your core relationships really like? Are you fostering growth, understanding, and shared experiences? Who do you want to spend more quality time with?
- Fulfilment: What brings you a deep sense of satisfaction and joy? Are your pursuits in alignment with your passions and purpose?
- Clarity: How clear is your vision for the future? Is your mindset propelling you toward your desired outcomes?
If you’re on my mailing list, you’re most likely someone who is keen to thrive in work and life.The problem is that we can get so busy ‘pursuing success’ that we forget about the things we started the success journey for – the things that matter most.
As the saying goes, “What got you here won’t get you there.”
The challenge lies in the unconscious nature of much of our life formula.
The only way we can truly measure the effectiveness of our current formula is by bringing it into the light of our conscious awareness. So, as we being this year, perhaps commit even more to a process of self-discovery and intentional living.
In the coming weeks, I’ll be sharing more insights on this journey of self-exploration. Until then, take a moment to ponder your life formula and consider how you can refine it for a year of profound growth and success.
To the art of crafting a purposeful formula that really delivers for you in 2024!
Work with me in 2024. The MindShift – The Entrepreneur Experiment Edition 2024 is open for early-bird registration. This unique opportunity, the only one this year, is designed to elevate your work and life. Limited spots available in this transformative 8 week virtual workshop. Check out all the details here. Starts February.
True Success Planner: For a limited time you can access my ‘True Success 2024 Planner’ for free. If you’d like to get a copy of it you can do so here.
The Inner Edge Podcast: Short, bite-sized nuggets of 10-12 minutes, designed to give you motivation and plenty of inspirational food for thought. Listen on my website here or on all major podcasting platforms.
This week’s episode, Ep 162: Talking To Yourself Out Loud
The Inner CEO – Did You Get A Copy Of The Book Yet?
What’s it about? Becoming the boss of your mind and thriving. What’s different about it? It’s very digestible, relatable and packed with priceless tips. Using stories, metaphors and memorable frameworks you will get insights on your own inner game you hadn’t considered before. Find out more here at www.theinnerceo.com